Orem Junior High Jaguar Track & Field 2021
The Orem Junior High track program exists to provide a safe, supportive and fun environment for students to have a positive and meaningful experience participating on an athletic team. Track & Field is a lifelong sport open to all 7th, 8th, and 9th-grade girls and boys.
School fees must be paid in order to participate in track.
All paperwork, proof of insurance, and a signed physical from a doctor must be turned in before a student can participate in practice.
Track fees and school fees must be turned in by the first track meet.
- Practice will begin on Tuesday, February 16, 2021.
- Practice will be held, rain or shine, Tuesday through Friday from 2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- PLEASE ARRANGE WITH YOUR ATHLETE TO PICK THEM UP AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME.
- Due to our online learning days on Wednesdays, and no buss service, practices on Wednesdays will be optional but highly encouraged.
- Any participant who misses a practice must inform a coach in advance of the absence if possible.
- Academics: The track team is an extra-curricular activity. Academic responsibilities come first. Students need to work with their teachers to ensure that they are learning at high levels.
Grades and citizenship must meet satisfactory eligibility requirements to participate on the track team. (2.0 GPA or higher)
- No refunds will be given for athletes failing to meet academic or behavior requirements.
- Physical Examination All athletes must get a new physical examination each school year.
- Concussion training– www.uhsaa.org/SportsMed/ConcussionManagementPlan.pdf
- Proof of Insurance: Each athlete must have health insurance to participate. Seasonal insurance is available for a discounted cost. Talk with a coach for more information.
- Activity costs are as follows:
- Participation Fee – $25.00-this includes uniform rental, bus cost, and equipment maintenance
- Track hoodie – $15.00 (not required) Adult sizes XS-3XL
- Hoodie orders and money are due by Thursday, February 25th.
- Program Rules
- Conduct: All members of the team (players, managers, coaches) are expected to abide by OJH behavior guidelines.
- Additional team rules include but are not limited to:
- Use of foul or degrading language is prohibited.
- Hazing or any form of intimidation of teammates or opponents is prohibited.
- Participants are expected to treat all members of the team and other teams with respect.
- Failure to comply with established rules may result in dismissal from the team.
- Meet schedule:
Wednesday, March 10th @ 2:00
Orem vs. Af and Frontier AT CEDAR VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
Thursday, March 18th @2:00
Orem vs. Canyon View AT OREM JR HIGH
Thursday, March 25th @2:00
Orem vs. Timberline AT OREM JR HIGH
Thursday, April 1st @ @2:00
Orem vs. Lehi and Willowcreek AT Orem JR HIGH
April 20th and 21st @ 1:00 (tentative start time)
Alpine Days District Championship @ Mountain View High School
- Kyle Bilbao, Head Coach
- Jake Sigafus, Head Coach
- Melaina Morales, Assistant Coach
- Lynzee Baxter, Assistant Coach
- 100m, 200m, 400m, 4x100m Relay, 4x400m Relay. (top 6 athletes for each grade/gender) We will hold sprint team tryouts the second week of practice.
- 800m, 1600m (open to all grades), 3200m (9th grade only)
- Field Events:
- Shot put (open to all athletes), Long jump (open to all athletes), High jump (top 6 athletes for each grade/gender)
- REGULAR SEASON MEET SCHEDULE
- 2:00 Unified Athletes 100m, Long Jump, Shot Put
- 2:30 100 m: 7,8,9 girls, then boys
- 4x100m Relay
- 4x400m Relay
- COVID REGULATIONS
- We will be following all UHSAA and Alpine School District COVID guidelines.
- Good running shoes
- Running shorts and a t-shirt for every practice
- Sweats, a beanie and gloves are also recommended. Contrary to popular belief, track season is not during warm, sunny weather. Most days are cold. Please dress appropriately. In the event of severe inclement weather, practice may be held in the gym.
- Water bottle